Tuesday, May 04, 2010

nashville flood and other exciting adventures!

We flew kites a few weeks ago. The kids had a great time and the wind was just right. I had to laugh though as it would be Emery who got tangled up in her kite. Silly girl! Colin LOVES it outside. I have to keep the front door shut or he will escape and then laugh when I find him outside. I'm so glad he doesn't venture beyond the flower beds...yet...
The flooded house is just down the street from us. As far as the flooding went, we only had a little in the backyard. Enough to float some ducks and fill our forest. But as the rains came down and the floods came up, our house on the rock stood still. We feel so blessed and our hearts go out to those who were not as lucky. We plan on helping with the clean-up when the water receeds. We were bored on Sunday and so the girls asked me to do their makeup and offered to do mine. Check out the eyes on Emery and When did Isa's face start to lose all that baby in the cheeks. I'm looking forward to the teenage years, I am definately going to need a big stick Colin and I were playing the other day ago. He was so cute and so funny and laughed so sweetly I had to share...

3 comments:

Pat and Jim said...

WOW!! The water got pretty close to you! That's amazing. Glad you guys are all ok. The kiddo pics are so great!! And everything looks soooooo green there!!

Tirsa said...

I've been thinking about you as I've heard about all of the flooding. So glad to know that you didn't sustain any damage.

Your kids are BEAUTIFUL! You are so blessed.

Sarah and Adam said...

The kids are getting so big! Wow are they cute