I was particularly touched by the award shared with Liam by Major Anders. He served in Iraq this last year and with the help of a lot of wonderful people, we sent a box of chocolates off to him with cards and notes from Liam and Isa's classes. Major Anders daughter in Isa's best friend. Anyway, today at the awards assembly Liam was called up and this is what ensued...
It's hard to hear, but basically, Major Anders took the candy bars and passed them out to the children in a nearby Afghanastan village. He flew a flag over his camp in honor of Hickman elementary which he brought home and presented to the school along with a plaque. He also presented Liam with an american flag and a coin from his camp. It was pretty amazing. I was humbled to realize how much one small care package could mean. It proves to me that truly by small means shall great things come to pass...


I have to laugh with a little tug to my heart when I think of Liam as a little boy about 2 or 3. His favorite song was American Soldier...Who knows what the future holds, but one way or another, may he always serve his country and his community well.
I'd like to brag about how well the kids did in school, but I'll save that for when i post their report cards... hee hee
Emery has had a great week. She has had LOTS of much NEEDED daddy time. No I'm not being dramatic, it's true Tim. Anyway, Morgan took her on a date to the park and to feed the ducks. They had a BLAST. He even got her ready including her hair. My husband ROCKS!!!!



Morgan also introduced Colin to the sprinkler and again he LOVES it!!!! He also enjoys trying to drink the water off the trampoline. We're working on that one...


So life is good, We're happy and busy and looking forward to summer. May you all find joy this week. Love jess
2 comments:
you are amazing parents of amazing children and we love each and every one of you!
LOVE the pics Jessie. The ones of Morgan and Emery are priceless. That is SO cool with Liam!! What a great memory!! Makes this army brat proud!!
Post a Comment