Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mother, I love you...




Mom,
I thought I'd blog a card this year. You have cards coming from the kids, but I want everyone to know how blessed I am... I was thinking of Mother's Day and remembered trying so hard to prepare something special. I think we were over on Mae Dr. Anyway, I remember standing on the coffee table and singing all the mother's day song I knew and trying to get Price to join in on the fun. I think my favorite song was the one that said,
"Mother, I love you. Mother I do. Father in Heaven has sent me to you. When I am near you, I love to hear you singing so softly that you love me too. Mother I love you, I love you I do."
I think I loved this song, beacuse I remember you singing to me at bedtime, Candle on the Water and My Heavenly Father Loves Me. I know that so much of my testimony comes from the love I felt from you as you softly sang me those songs. I was also remembering all the times you stayed up and helped me finish projects I'd procrastinated for school or how you waited up for us so that we could talk after a date with Morgan. I loved those moments and because of them look forward to having teenagers instead of the cliche dread most parents felt. I realize now how many times you sacrificed getting your hair done or buying that new outfit so that I could feel beautiful in something new, or get that perm I really wanted. The late nights spent working, the hours spent at rehearsals. The dance lessons and voice lessons and all that you put into helping me become the woman I am today. Thank you. Thank you for all your sacrifice. I'm putting it to good use. I am a better mom because I learned to be selfless from you. I learned to serve and love and laugh from you. I dance with my kids and crank up the music and sing in the car. I am so thankful for all that you have instilled in me. You are an amazing woman and I am the luckiest girl ever to have been blessed with you for my mom. I love you! Today I miss you like crazy! Here's a long distance hug! love, jess aka Princess aka Bozetta aka Baby Girl.

No comments: