Friday, April 23, 2010

I love my kids...

Somedays being a mom isn't so easy...There's the moments when I've spent the last two hours cleaning up the kitchen and dining room and front room and bathroom only to realize it's time to make lunch and start the whole process again. There's the moments when I realize Emery is way too quiet and find her upstairs painting herself in her brand new pass me downs. Or the moments when I ask Liam to straighten his room and he launches into a tirade about how it's a free world and he doesn't want to. I have to say that in all the chaos though, there are the sweet moments where Colin pats my shoulder and reaches in for a quick kiss, or Emery's very random, "I love you Mom"'s I love when I find Liam curled up on the couch enjoying a good book, or when Isa comes down with some truly creative artwork. Yep even in all my frustrations and chaos, I am truly blessed!

Here are some blessing moments from the past month...






am truly grateful for all the beauty around me, for my garden and my flowers and for the wild flowers that grow all around.


I'm grateful for sisters who want to be just like each other... and for cute sewing pojects that actually turn out just right! (Emery had me cut her hair so she could be just like Isa)


I'm grateful to experience the world through the eyes of a toddler and watch my son grow into an amazing brother, leader and thinker!


I am super thankful for my friends and my children's friends, we are so lucky!

I am blessed with beautiful family moments that remind me why it's worth all the struggle.


Plain and simple...I am blessed!

3 comments:

mamachele said...

this is a beautiful post and I am touchec by your faith and gratitude. dad and i love and miss you more than you will ever know.

Pat and Jim said...

Great post. Love the pics. It's sooooo green and pretty where you are... and it's still so yucky here!! And btw.... it is a free country you know. Funny how MY parents never could understand why a free country had nothing to do with having a sloppy room.... what is it with you parents and freedom!! LOL!!

Tirsa said...

Well said! Being a Mom is the hardest, most wonderful blessing ever!