Thursday, August 01, 2013

Sun Valley Trip




GG and Pops took us camping in Sun Valley.  It was awesome.  I love that area. I have so many memories tied into Sun Valley.  I used to love going up there with friends and family.  I loved walking Sun Valley with as the "Three Graces"  or planning murder mystery dinners.  I loved biking Sun Valley for Dance Camp with Lori and the gang.  I loved winter sledding there and being cozy by the fire.  Sleigh rides and fabulous dinners.  Walking around the lodge, window shopping in the little shops.  Even just hanging out at the condo and listening to the creek as it giggled along.  I love this place.  There is a piece of me in Sun Valley.  
Anyway, we went camping the 5th at Alturus Lake.  The site was lovely and the kids had a blast!
When camping, one must remember that not all campsites come with electricity.  So....if you are forced to blow up mattresses, might as well have a nice sibling or grandchild rub your shoulders...

 Love this bug!

Morning read....
 Getting ready for the day...
Next we headed up to Redfish lake.  That was fun.  I haven't been there since Morgan's family last took us.  I remember we rented a canoe and Pops and Morgan and I went out on the lake.  It was so peaceful and nice. So this time Pops treated the kids to a paddleboat.  It was fun, but the kids were a little cranky, so we didn't stay too long.




We drove over Galena Summit.  That drive is amazing.  We stopped at the fish hatchery and leaned about the spawning of the chinook salmon.  It was really cool and very informative.  

Next stop the fish hatchery.  It was really fun and super informative.  We learned all about the spawning of the Chinook salmon.  
Next Stop....The Condo.  We spent three days biking all over SunValley and hanging out in the Condo.  It was so fun.  In fact we were only supposed to be there for overnight, but ended up staying a few extra days.  It was awesome.  I really love this place and all it's memories.  We went to church here, which I love, we went to the Y and played in the super fun pool there, we soaked in the hot tub and really just enjoyed some quiet time..                           
One of the Sun Valley must do's are carmel apples from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...mmmm

 GG and Pops took us to their dreaming spot.  We spend some good time here just maxing and relaxing...



 Liam got lost in Sun Valley.  It was one of those heart stopping moments.  We all said a prayer and GG retraced her bike path.  I started to go down the street in the car.  Within a few minutes I got a call from GG.  Liam had retraced his steps and gone back to the park to wait.  I asked him how he felt during this time and what he did.  He said the first thing he did was say a prayer.  He asked that Heavenly Father would help GG pass by him.  As he came out of the gas station where he was trying to call me, GG rode past him.  I guess he was a little scared but calmed down pretty quickly.  He's such a good kid and I am so grateful for him.  I love his faith and willingness to do what is right. I'm so grateful we found him.  I'm grateful for the gospel which gave us a pathway to turn fear into faith.
 We stopped off at the Sun Valley Lodge.  Abba was there. Pops took the kids home and let GG and I listen for a while.
 Of course, no SunValley trip is complete without a stop off in Shoshone for Ice Cream.  This trip was so fun.  It was so fun to share memories with the kids.  I'm so grateful for the gift this summer has been and the time I have had to spend with family.

1 comment:

Pat said...

How fun!! Great story with Liam. So scary when you can't find one of your kids. Looks like Grandpa's hot air comes in handy when you need things blown up. heehee