Thursday, September 02, 2010

School!

I thought it might be fun to share some of our school experiences this year with you. We are already enjoying the start of school and though I am not 100% with everything yet, we've managed to do something school related everyday. Last week we went out to our Kentucky friends' home. We picked up some yummy peaches and visited some Amish/mennonite farms. We talked a lot about how things have changed over the years and how lucky we are to have so many conveniences. We also talked a lot about how sometimes it would be nice to go back to some of the simpler times, as with so many conveniences, sometimes time flies a lot faster! When we got home, we canned our peaches... Yummy! Unfortunately we only got 11 quarts, I guess that means we'll have to go back out for some more!

We also learned about wooly bears! They are caterpillars that are thought to predict the weather. Last year the wooly bears had dark stripes that were really close together, funny we had a really good winter, with lots of cold weather and snow! This year the wooly bear stripes are really far apart with lots of light brown in the center. That means we're in for a mild winter. We'll see if the prediction is right!

We had a sweet package from Granmaria! Some cute dresses for the girls and some for their bears. It totally made their day! Thank you for thinking of my little ones! Don't they look beautiful!






Lastly, Liam turned 9! He had a great birthday! We had a family dinner and then a week later took him out on the tube with three of his friends. We had a few upsets getting the boat out, but once we got on the water, we had a GREAT time! He's modeling on the bike Uncle Jordon got for him. Super cool. Colin really loves it too! If Liam takes it out, I have to take Colin for a ride too! So life is good and busy and full of moments to remember!

1 comment:

Pat and Jim said...

Ok... so NO surprise that Uncle Jordon got Liam that bike!! :) Too funny!! However... if I'm ever in Nashville, I'm totally stealing it!! And finally.... I want to go back to school with you!!!!!