Thursday, November 15, 2007

tag

OK six quirks about me...
1. I like doing dishes. It helps me wind down at the end of the day. I love to look out the window into my backyard and relax while doing dishes. I love how it feels to have the kitchen straightened up with everything it its place (usually there are too many dishes and so I find that it is not always perfect, but it is better at the end of the night) I have to admit that part of the reason I like doing dishes is also because I can make sure that they are done right. I guess that comes from dad saying do it right the first time and you don't have to do it again.

This is the view from my window isn't it beautiful! This was right after and before it started pouring again. Now maybe you can see why it is relaxing to look at this and do dishes. The only thing that makes it better is having kids on the trampoline.
2. I disappear into a book. I have to be careful when I start reading. It means I am unable to hear or respond to anyone else for the duration of the book. The other day ago, Liam broke through the reading barrier with "MOM! I have said your name three times and you weren't listening!!" Oops!

3. I can't stand folding socks. I wish they would magically match and fold themselves. It is so tedious to sit there and match and fold them. I am so glad that my son is getting old enough for this job.

4. I can't stand little kids with long fingernails. Especially if they are dirty underneath. (Gross) I will inevitably cut their nails even if they are not my children just to make sure that their nails are an appropriate length and are clean.

5. I cannot rationalize buying white bread. Even if it is requested. There is very little nutritional value to it and so I won't even give it a second thought. It is in my opinion a waste of time, money and energy. I feel the same way about bologne, unfortunately the boy that I babysit will eat only bologne, hotdogs, or tortilla chips. I have to keep them on hand. What a waste!

6. If I wake up before my alarm I will lay there until it is officially time to get up.

Well enough about my quirks. As for people to play tag with, I will have to think about that...

2 comments:

Sarah and Adam said...

I like that. I think everyone should have to list their quirks so we can get to know them better. My favorite is the fingernail one! Ha ha!

FeatherSky said...

I was having a craving for asiago cheese bread the other day. I haven't made it in forever, so I followed the recipe and made it as white bread even though I haven't eaten white bread in forever. It tasted like paste. Bleh! I think I'll stick with the wheat bread from now on! :)