Friday, August 31, 2012
Surprise!
I'm only going to take a minute, but I need to start recording my trip, or else I may begin to forget the details. The Saturday before the 16th, I was running around like a crazy lady, going from cleaning job to cleaning job. I was between jobs and had run home to change into my uniform for the one job, when Morgan stopped me to talk about scheduling the 16th.... Me being in a rush and not very patient at the moment, interrupted him and said something to the effect of, " I know you need to go to Idaho for Grandpa"s funeral, I'm OK with it. We will be fine." Morgan being persistent and knowing me entirely too well, continued with something like, " you're going to need to adjust your schedule for a trip to Idaho..." I stopped right where I was, sat down on the stairs and began to cry. It still makes me tear up when I think about it. I immediately broke into the "I can't and what will I do with the kids and do you realize how much time I have to plan this?" Morgan lovingly waited for me to finish before hugging me and telling me I had no choice the ticket was already taken care of, thanks to some loving family members who shared sky miles. So it was off to Idaho. This trip was made possible by my amazing family and friends who lovingly took on my kids. More on their adventure later... So I was able to keep the trip a surprise and not tell my parents. I will never forget as long as I live the look on my mom and dad's face and how long it took to register that it was really me. It was perfect. I'm so grateful for the blessing of being able to surprise them, grateful for the family and friends who made it possible to enjoy the trip and not worry about my kids and especially for my sweet husband who orchestrated the whole surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow... that post made me cry. The look on your folks faces in those pics are priceless. How cool!
Post a Comment