Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conference

So This weekend I went to Virginia Beach and spent 5 count the 5 days away from my kids and husband. It was wonderful and inspiring and just right. We had some amazing speakers and I missed my family, but on the whole, I think I really needed the break. I enjoyed a full day on the beach reading and every other day at least ate lunch in the sunshine on the shore. It was beautiful and magnificent, and made me so grateful for this beautiful world.

On the way down, I waited for my friend Julie Beth to hook up with me and passed the time in a really old graveyard, so cool! (Please bear in mind, I knew it was an all day travel day and did not shower or even comb my hair)


We made it to the hotel and had a really neat experience there. I had booked everything on hotwire not reallizing that this meant one bed. Well obviously there were two of us and one bed was not going to do, so I asked for the address to a walmart to purchase a blowup mattress. We went up to gauge the room and called down to request some sheets. The girl at the front desk had changed out booking to a two bed room with a kitchenette. It was so sweet and I was so grateful. It made it possible for us to skip out on eating out and save a little more and to have a good night's sleep. Thank you Jasmine! Our room had an bayside view. It was beautiful!


Day two was fun for me. Julie Beth took the highschool classes and so I spent the day reading in the sunshine and touring a bit. The convention was held at the Cavalier hotel in Virginia Beach. It has been around since 1928 and has housed LOTS of famous people including like 5 presidents and Judy Garland. Of couse I had to wander around it. So here are some photos of what I found...





The rest of the conference was awesome. I learned so much and really felt like there were some important things I gained. The Key note speaker was Michael Ballam. YES!! He was wonderful and had some wonderful things to say about actively using the arts in learning. He also spoke later on really being creative! He is a wonderful speaker and very entertaining!

After two days of learning and a day of rest, I was ready and rearing to get back home to my family.



Thanks Kimberly and Mandy for taking such great care of my kids and thank you Morgan for allowing me to stretch my wings a bit and fly. I love you!

No comments: