Thursday, February 05, 2009

Move mountains!

I just wanted to share something that I have been focusing on lately! I am reading The Power of Positive Thinking, by Norman Vincent Peale. It is wonderful and I am enjoying the learning experience. There is a lot I need to work on to change my thinking process, but I am working on it and that's a good start. Anyway, I wanted to share an experience we had this week.
I was reading and Dr. Peale referred the reader (me) to Mark 11:23," Whosoever shall say unto this mountain be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith." To top that off, Liam and I are reading "Where the Red Fern Grows in school. I don't know if you remember that book or not, but it is definately one to revisit and read often. Billy the little boy, has had his first coon hunt and his dogs have treed the coon in the biggest sycamore tree in the river bottoms. (the tree behind the detwilers house is a sycamore, they are huge) Billy wants to give up, but decides that he owes it to his dogs to finish the job. He is exausted after three days of chopping and can't hold his ax for all the blisters on his hands. He turns to the Lord and asks for strength to finish the job. A strong wind stirs the top of just the sycamore tree and soon the top overbalances the bottom and the tree is felled. I look at the challenges that we face as the mountain talked about in Mark or the sycamore tree. With God all things are possible and we can move mountains, we just have to do our part, give it our all and put our faith in the Lord and he will provide a way. I testify that this is true. I've seen it happen just this week in our lives and I am grateful! Paying off our car is small, but it reminds me that as I keep working on it, the Lord will help my chip away at those mountains and provide the means whereby we can move them.! I love you all.

No comments: